#1-227 Pinehouse Drive, Saskatoon Saskatchewan
Some New Rules for The Winter League 2020
- each singer will do 2 songs per league night.
- have fun! Get to know those people who are singing on your evening. They just may become your best friends.
- watch how others sing and perform to possibly pick up some tips that you can use for your own performances.
- dressing up in costume isn't mandatory, but it will get you an extra point per song.
- your scores are determined by two factors. 1. vocals. 2. performance. Each category has a maximum of 10 points per song. Plus that extra 1 point for costume/props for a possible total of 21 points per song.
- the singing order is picked randomly by an online number generator that I use.
- singing begins at 9pm sharp!
- two absences allowed. (you will be given 20 pts per absence this league)
- miss three or more dates and you don't qualify for the semi finals or finals. You still however may attend regular league nights .
- miss more than half of the league nights(including semi finals), you're disqualified from signing up for the next league. This is still a business and the business is getting people into the bar. So, if you think/know that maybe your health isn't the greatest, or you have upcoming trips and you won't be able to attend, please let's not waste each others time.
- I post a critique every night after the league is done. It can be found on this website usually by the next morning.
- what are my qualifications?? (played piano from age 6, drums from age 12. I've played in local bands around Saskatoon for 40 years ie, Centerfold 3 years, Jacob's Ladder 2 years, numerous Blast From the Past shows, Paradise Road drummer/vocalist for 16 years, frontman for Alice Cooper tribute act Caught In A Dream for 7 years. Back up vocalist in studio on local performers tracks, recorded an EP of Alice Cooper covers, different voice characterizations on animated video's for Sask Health Region, recorded songs for children's CD's and subsequent animations of those songs, karaoke host for 27 years.)
- as well, a slideshow of the night's events will also be on this website, usually by the next morning.
- don't take this too seriously. Be in competition with yourself and no one else. If you think you can be on the same playing level as some of these people who've been in this for years, you're going to be in for a rude awakening and this will not be a very fun experience for you at all. Consider it like a game of golf. You might go golfing with Tiger Woods but you certainly wouldn't expect to beat him. There will be a wide spectrum of talent in this league. Don't let that intimidate you.
- there's going to be someone in first place and someone in last place each week. If you're ultra competitive, then I suggest you grow a thick skin because results differ from week to week from judge to judge. You may be 1st one week and last the next...… or last every week!
- a judges schedule will be made and posted below. (consider it jury duty, where most of you will be asked to do it).
- my definition of a "costume" is anything that you likely wouldn't wear to work. Every performer has stage clothes of some sort. However, all you need is really a prop to earn that extra one point per song.
- any questions at all, feel free to ask!
Winter 2006 Mo Tourand
Spring 2006 Shandi Pattison
Fall 2006 Ray Whitton
Winter 2007 Heidi Hurley
Spring 2007 Veronica Swirsky
Fall 2007 Marcie Wyatt
Winter 2008 Heidi Hurley
Spring 2008 Chelsea Wright
Fall 2008 Cal Wiebe
Winter 2009 Denise Valle
Spring 2009 Kim Wall
Fall 2009 Zach Logan
Winter 2010 Rebecca Giffen
Spring 2010 Marcie Wyatt
Fall 2010 Gary McKinlay
Winter 2011 Mike Bagu
Spring 2011 Amanda Prystupa
Fall 2011 Kim Wall
Winter 2012 Brigit Bradshaw
Fall 2012 Veronica Swirsky
Winter 2013 Kim Wall
Fall 2013 Rebecca Giffen
Winter 2014 Nancy Lautner
Fall 2014 Tammy Berger & Chelsea Wright
Winter 2015 Tara Enns
Fall 2015 Micheal Wade
Winter 2016 Kim Wall
Fall 2016 James Cooper
Winter 2017 Bex Murphy
Spring 2017 Ramona Logan
Fall 2017 Ramona Logan
Winter 2018 Bex Murphy
Fall 2018 Brittney Fulton
Winter 2019 Tim Hawryluk
Super League Brigit Willfong
Spring 2019 Traci Morrow
Fall 2019 James Cooper
Fall League 2007 Fred Weeks
Winter League 2008 Tim Grummett
Spring League 2008 Gary McKinlay
Fall League 2008 Heather Wallace
Winter League 2009 Marcie Wyatt
Spring League 2009 Viv Delorme
Fall League 2009 Mike McCloy and Veronica Swirsky
Winter League 2010 Mike McCloy
Spring League 2010 Mike McCloy and Veronica Swirsky
Fall League 2010 Gary McKinlay
Winter League 2011 Mike Bagu
Spring League 2011 Mike McCloy
Fall League 2011 Brigit Bradshaw
Winter League 2012 Veronica Swirsky
Fall League 2012 Amanda Detillieux
Winter League 2013 Brianna Stirton
Fall League 2013 Lindsay Greschner
Winter League 2014 Lori Kennedy
Fall League 2014 Debbie Gibbons
Winter League 2015 Tara Enns*
Fall League 2015 Tara Enns & Tammy Berger
Winter League 2016 Gary McKinlay
Fall League 2016 Mark Lopez
Winter League 2017 Brad Davies
Spring League 2017 Tara Enns
Fall League 2017 Lori Kennedy
Winter League 2018 Danyal Gibson
Fall League 2018 Tara Enns
Winter League 2019 Mayce Achtemichuk
Spring League 2019 Jeremy Kuin
Fall League 2019 Megan Shmigelski
Judges Schedule Winter 2020
January 23 - Mayce Achtemichuk & Bex Giffen
January 27 - Tia Boddy & Erica King
January 28 - James Cooper & Tasha Cooper
January 29 - Ashley Antonio & Jodi Barrington
January 30 - Bruce Brodie & Claire Nelson
February 10 - Megan Shmigelski & Chris Shmigelski
February 11 - Adam Detilieux & Shauna Lehmann
February 12 -Tammy Berger & Becky Campbell
February 13 - Heidi Hurley & Alexa Hurley
February 24 - Kim Wall & Veronica Swirsky
February 25 - Kim Irvine & Kim Hutcherson
February 26 - Denis McBain & Erica Hartman
February 27 - Colten Paul & Howard Hurley
March 2 - Amanda Holder & Kyle Sevigny
March 3 - Toni Morris & Leigh Huslage
March 4 - Larry Lennox & Fred Weeks
March 5 - Owen Wisner & Tanya Katelnikoff
March 9 - Gary McKinlay & Jamie King
March 10 - Micheal Wade & Scott Trimble
March 11 - Shirley Lennox & Austin Styles
March 12 - Melissa Thomas & Mary Jane Felix
March 16 - 1st & 2nd place Thursday
March 17 - 1st & 2nd place Monday
March 18 - 1st & 2nd place Tuesday
March 19 - 1st & 2nd place Wednesday
March 24 - 1st place Wednesday & Thursday
March 25 - 1st place Monday & Tuesday
March 26 -TBA
Winter League Sponsors 2020
Marco Lee Yauck @ The Haus of Yauck Marriage Commissioners & Wedding Services
Traci & Mark Morrow
Judy & Gary Karpinka
Fred & Brenda Wisner
Melody King @ Nails By Melody
Tasha and James Cooper w/Presto's Treasures
Brigit Willfong @ Head to Tail Pet Spa
Heidi Hurley & Scentsy
The Three Amigos - Mark Vossen, Glen Taylor and Pat Zipchen
3. Kim Hutcherson
5. Tasha Cooper
6. Margaret Anne Kern
8. Shauna Lehmann
14.Gina DiPaulo McGuire
2. Traci Morrow
4. Ashley Antonio
6. Jodi Barrington
7. Austin Styles
8. Darren Ritter
9. Becky Campbell
10. Emily Young
12. Shirley Lennox
13. Larry Lennox
1. Melissa Agarand
2. Owen Wisner
3. Bex Giffen
4. Adrien Prince
17.Mary Jane Felix
1. Marco Yauck
4. Megan Shmigelski
5. Shay Kuin
6. Joel Murphy
7. Kyle Sevigny
8. Matt Kuin
9. Cat Muir
10. Angel Wall
First Round Singing Order Jan 20 -23
This night is going to be so easy for you.
Simply sing the two songs that make you feel
the happiest! Make sure you dress the part and bring along your sense of fun!
Very basic theme night! There were so many styles of music in these two decades and if you can't find two songs in these 20 years.....something is terribly wrong! It's classic rock and grunge but also country, pop, new wave etc! Don't forget that prop or costume for an extra point per song!
This night is strictly for fun! Everyone in attendance will receive first place points. All others will get 20 points for their absenteeism. It's a tournament so you may sing as little as one song and as many as four, so come prepared. No extra points for costumes but don't let that stop you.
How vast is your song repertoire? This week, we will find out. Pick one song from the recent past and another from deep in the past. Let's see who can come up with the greatest amount of years separating their two songs!
There is NO LEAGUE this week. Instead, I will appease all of those people who insist that they had so much fun with karaoke roulette in the past. We will do four nights in a row of roulette. Feel free to come every night! For those of you taking off during the February break, enjoy yourself!
Only Canadian artists and bands on this night will qualify. If for instance one member of the band is Canadian, then it qualifies, such as Sebastien Bach who was the only Canadian in the band Skid Row. Show your Canadian pride!
Missing musicians night will include all those dearly departed musicians that we've lost over the years, but it will also include those one hit wonder bands who were on top for all of 15 minutes, never to be heard from again.
Disco, Hip Hop, Motown will all be represented on this evening. Let's get down, let's get funky, let's get soulful! Remember to bring that prop or costume with you for extra points.
We have a big tournament at the end of league and it will last a couple weeks. Each group will sing on their own night with the top 6 moving on to the 2nd week. Then monday/tuesday will sing off and the top 6 from there will go on to the finals. Subsequently wednesday/thursday will do the same. The top two finishers on each night during the regular league will get a bye into the finals where they will meet up with the qualifying dozen people who've gone through this.
Spring League Waiting List
Lara Guerrero (Thursday)